Pitching is not easy and to be good, as in any position in any sport, practice, conditioning, and mental toughness are paramount. Here are 5 things that Softball is for Girls, shares that every pitcher should know:
- Errors are not a reflection of your pitching - there are many variable that you do not have control of that contribute to errors. Stay calm and continue to pitch your best.
- Batters will hit - batters hitting is a given, don't get pscyhed out. Strikeouts are good but so are grounders and pop-ups.
- You could have pitched incredibly well and your team could still lose - as a pitcher you are only responsible for earned runs.
- Concentrate more on the location and timing of your pitches and not just the speed.
- Expect that you can have days that you are completely off - don't allow one game to define you. Get back out there and refine your pitches.
For more information: 5 Things EVERY PITCHER Needs to KNOW | Softball is For Girls
Image Credit: Future Stars Camps