There are many reasons why people love playing field hockey. Revolution Field Hockey Camps reviews 5 specific health benefits that can be attributed to playing the sport:
- Improved breathing - Running up and down the field constantly during practice and games requires regular energy use and muscular strength. All this exercise will develop your cardiovascular system and improve your breathing.
- Better Coordination and Balance - Field hockey players are often multi-tasking on the go as they have to pass and receive the ball while running with speed and agility. Performing these tasks will improve your coordination and balance and will probably enhance your hand-eye coordination.
- Good Cardio workout - Running up and down the field with short breaks is a workout. "This is a form of high intensity interval training (HIIT), which is an even better cardio workout that burns more calories."
- Builds Your Strength -Your legs and core will be stregthened from all the physical activity requirements.
- Beyond Physical Activity - Physical stamina is important but mental strategies are just as important to conquer the game.
Field hockey players while running in the field are also making split second decisions and creating strategies to win the game. These quick thinking skills while on the fly are valuable, not just in the moment but for their personal and future professional lives.
For more details: 5 Health Benefits From Playing Field Hockey
Image Credit: Deposit Photos