If you are thinking of multi-sports as an option for your child, find out more about professional multi-sports athletes. Athlon Sports and Life shares a list of 33 athletes that played more than one sport. Here are some of these athletes:
- Jim Brown was probably one of the greatest running backs in football history. But did you know that he is also a member a member of the National Lacrosse Hall of Fame and both the College and Pro Football Halls of Fame?
- Danny Ainge is currently the general manager and President of Basketball Operations for the Boston Celtics. Known for winning two NBA championships with the Celtics as a player and one as President/GM. He may be less known for having played three seasons with the Toronto Blue Jays.
- So did you know that Ed “Too Tall” Jones was also a boxer and a three-time Pro Bowl defensive lineman and Super Bowl XII champion?
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, famous WWF wrestler turned actor, also played for the University of Miami’s 1991 national championship team and was team mates with future NFL star, Warren Sapp.
- And then there was Michael Jordan. Most likely to have been the greatest basketball player of all-time and he also played 127 games with the Chicago White Sox’s Double-A affiliate Birmingham Barons.
For more information: 33 Best Two-Sport Athletes of All-Time
Image Credit: Future Stars Camps
Check out: Future Stars Multi-Sports Camp