Are you thinking about starting to play tennis? Realbuzz.com shares some tips for neophyte tennis players:
- Be thoughtful when choosing a racket. Beginner and junior-sized rackets are often quite affordable. Seek advice from a sales assistant and pick a racket that matches your body and grip size. Keep in mind that rackets can be restrung for tension and broken strings.
- Practice is always key.
- Consider tennis lessons.
- Always warm-up and cool down, try stretches and light jogging.
- Stay hydrated and have a light snack during breaks.
- Aspire to hit the ball at waist height.
- Work on your speed, try skipping rope.
- Start off with learning the right grips for different shots from a tennis coach or a more experienced player.
- Be active and improve your endurance with aerobic exercise or playing more tennis or other sports,
- Stay calm and don't worry about what has happened, concentrate on your next point.
Work on developing good habits with a more experienced player or coach. Be patient with yourself, work on your fitness, practice and stay calm. Most of all enjoy the sport!
For more details: Top 10 Tips For New Tennis Players
Image Credit: Future Stars Camps