With the new year coming up and possible intentions for including a healthier life-style, you may be considering adding a sport to your child's schedule of activities. There are so many reasons to get your child engaged in sports and RealBuzz.com shares some health and fitness benefits that playing a sport provides:
- help to reduce body fat or controls your body weight
- satisfaction coming from developing fitness and skills
- some help to fight depression and anxiety.
- challenge and a chance to set goals
- help to strengthen bones
- help that can aid coordination, balance and flexibility
- help that can improve stamina and concentration
- opening you to experience the highs and lows of both winning and losing
- opportunities to meet people with a similar interests and make new friends.
- a great way for families to get exercise together
- sportiness that encourages a healthier lifestyle.
Whatever sport you choose with your child, enjoy the good times ahead!
For full article: The Health and Fitness Benefits of Sport
For more information about Future Stars camp at Purchase, or to enroll, visit our Program page today.
Image Credit: Future Stars Camps