Getting your child ready for summer camp involves a ton of preparation. You’ll need to decide which type of camp is right for them, whether you want to send them to sleepaway camp or day camp, and more.
You’ll also need to pack all of the essentials and equipment for your camper.
Don’t worry. Future Stars has a list of both camp essentials and program-based equipment to make it easier for you. Here’s what you need to know about the Future Stars equipment list.
No matter what camp your child is attending this summer, there’s a list of essentials that every child should bring each day.
- A backpack or bag - Every camper will need a bag with adequate space to fit their camp gear, from lunch to any equipment needed for activities.
- Sunscreen - The sun rays during the day at camp can be powerful. Sunscreen will be necessary for every child to protect their skin and prevent burns. The camp staff will remind your camper to reapply throughout the day.
- Small healthy snack and lunch - Campers should bring a small healthy snack to consume during downtime in the day. For lunches, if campers are not enrolled in the Future Stars Lunch Programs, they will need to bring lunch.
- Water bottle - Staying hydrated is crucial at camp! Make sure your camper has a water bottle with their name on it for water breaks. Future Stars provides plenty of opportunities to refill their water bottles.
- Bathing suit and towel - Future Stars has regularly scheduled cool-off periods for campers. For these periods, a bathing suit and towel will be essential.
- Extra t-shirt - Bringing a spare t-shirt helps if your camper’s current t-shirt gets dirty or wet. This is bound to happen at our camps since we spend most of our time outside!
- Appropriate footwear - Your camper’s sneakers should be comfortable for outdoor and indoor activities.
- Rain gear (for inclement weather) - Future Stars operates rain or shine. On rainy days, be sure that your camper has appropriate clothing for the rain.
Specific Program Equipment
After you’ve secured the essentials for camp, you’ll need a set of equipment based on their chosen camp.
This equipment varies depending on the program. For example, soccer camp requires only cleats and shin guards, whereas softball camp requires a glove, a bat, and a helmet.
If you’re not sure what equipment is required for each sport, don’t worry. Future Stars sends an information packet and email before the summer detailing exactly what your camper needs for their chosen program.
What Happens if My Child Forgets Their Equipment?
It’s always best to double-check that your child has all of their equipment on hand.
However, mistakes happen. We understand that campers may forget their equipment on a busy or hectic morning.
If a camper forgets their equipment, Future Stars has some extra equipment available for each program that the camper can use for the day.
Other Important Equipment Information
Before sending your child to camp, be sure to label their equipment. This ensures that campers won’t mistake someone else’s belongings for their own. It is a good practice to make sure your child knows what equipment and goodies are packed in their bag - or even better: have your child pack their bags daily.
It’s also important to leave any valuables at home since Future Stars is not responsible for any lost or stolen valuables.
Lastly, all electronics are not to be used during the camp day. After all, summer camp is about getting children off their devices and having fun!
Ready to Enroll At Future Stars?
Future Stars has camps for every passion, from basketball to science camps and more. Register your child today!